The Most Interesting 6th Grade Expository Essay Writing Prompts
Most students this age are excited about writing an essay. The prompt sparks their imagination and lots of ideas flow into their minds. Sometimes it makes it difficult to know where to begin. The more interesting the prompt, the more excited the student will be to write. Here are some expository essay writing prompts which will really grab their interest:
- 1. A role model is a person you respect and admire. Can you think of someone you admire? What is there about this person that you look up to? Explain who this person is and why you feel this way.
- 2. The trend of students doing graffiti on school property has greatly increased. School board members must find ways to stop this from happening. What do you think is the solution? How can the school board use your ideas to solve the graffiti problem?
- 3. When you think about playing on a school sports team, there are many things to consider. Some of them are good and some are bad. What do you think the benefits and downfalls of team playing are? Each point should be thoroughly explained.
- 4. How did you change when you entered 6th grade? Did you feel older, wiser or more experienced? Did you enter middle school? How did your attitude toward school work change? Give detailed reasons for your answers.
- 5. New inventions and the advancement of technology have changed the way we live, and continue to do so on a regular basis. What is one invention that has made a big impact on your life? Explain how this invention has changed your life and why. What do you think would be different if this invention didn’t exist?
- 6. Is honesty an important element of a lasting friendship? Why or why not do you think honesty and friendship go together? Have you learned this through personal experience?
- 7. The phrase of dressing for success means different things to different people. Should it apply only to those working in a professional job environment or does it apply equally well to 6th grade school students?
- 8. Imagine you could fly through time and space to give an essential piece of advice to one person. It could be someone in the past, present or future and there are no limits on where they live. What piece of advice would you give and to whom would you give it to? Explain your reasons.